We are pleased to announce the new composition of the Board of Directors for Island Oil (Holdings).
Most apparent is the enlargement of the Board, which is now comprised of seven members, with the appointment of three new Executive Members from within the group, along with the appointment of a new Non-Executive Member. The new composition of the Board is as follows:
- Chrysostomos Papavassiliou-Executive Member / Chairperson, CEO of Island Oil (Holdings)
- Elena Christodoulidou-Executive Member, Trading Manager of Island Petroleum
- Nicolas Jirkas-Executive Member, Deputy CEO of Island Oil (Holdings)
- Savvas Koumis-Executive Member, Physical Operations Manager, Island Petroleum
- Stathis Papadakis-Non-Executive Member
- Katerina Keranis Papavassiliou-Non-Executive Member
- Marios Hadjiyiannakis-Non-Executive Member
Regarding the appointment of the new Executive Members from within the group, Mr. Papavassiliou stated: “I express my gratitude and appreciation to Elena, Savvas and Nicolas for their loyalty and long-standing contribution to the company. I believe their proven expertise and experience within the company will prove instrumental to the Board as we move ahead to set and achieve Island Oil Holdings’ future goals and objectives.”
Mr. Marios Hadjiyiannakis was also appointed to the Board as Non-Executive Member. Regarding Mr. Hadjiyiannakis’ appointment, Mr. Papavassiliou commended his proven track record of success and added that “his wealth of experience will undoubtedly bring fresh perspectives and strategic insights to our organization.
He went on to add that: “As we look forward to navigating new opportunities and challenges in the upcoming year, I am confident that Marios will play a crucial role in our steering the company towards sustainable growth.”