Scope of duties
This position is responsible to provide support to users of the company, branch offices and vessels for any IT related issues and check for any issues regarding hardware and software. The Software Developer is also responsible for maintaining and further developing existing or new custom software.
- Develops high-quality software design and architecture.
- Troubleshoots, debugs and upgrades existing software.
- Recommends improvements to existing software as necessary.
- Creates technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Performs validation and verification testing.
- Provides user support for IT related issues of the company and its branch offices.
- Maintains and supports IT related issues on board company’s vessels.
- Assists with maintenance of company’s websites.
- Executes any other duties assigned by the IT Manager.
- Implements Company’s QMS and makes suggestions for improvements.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field or equivalent experience required.
- 2+ years of hands-on programming experience.
- Experience with Python.
- Strong knowledge of database development, ideally with MSSQL Server, Oracle SQL, stored procedures, functions, indexes, and query optimization.
- Work experience as a mobile developer will be considered as an advantage.
- Outstanding collaboration and communication skills are essential.
- Experience developing customized code for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both English and Greek.
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Applicants must be able to reside & work within EU.
An excellent package, including provident fund and medical insurance will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
If you wish to apply for this position, kindly send your CV at : email@example.com