Scope of duties
The Legal Counsel contributes to the legal team’s efficiency, ensuring timely and precise legal solutions to support the ongoing operations and initiatives of the Group. The Legal Counsel position is crucial in providing day-to-day legal support to various departments within the Group, conducting legal research, and drafting agreements across the spectrum of the Group’s business activities. Working under the guidance of the Senior Legal Counsel, this role involves proactive legal risk assessment, contract negotiation, and maintaining compliance.
- Negotiates, drafts and reviews legal documents and agreements ensuring protection of the Group’s interests and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Provides timely legal support to various departments within the Group assisting in decision-making processes.
- Assists in the development, maintenance and monitoring of internal legal procedures, including the preparation of reports.
- Conducts research on specific matters, ensuring day-to-day compliance with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies.
- Identifies and addresses potential legal risks and exposures and collaborates with the legal team for guidance and implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Collaborates with and supports external legal counsels to ensure effective handling of legal matters and/or legal cases, maintaining strong communication channels.
- Handles legal actions for the recovery of debt, employing effective strategies to minimize the Group’s financial exposure and ensure timely collection of outstanding amounts.
- Implements the Group’s Management System, including legal processes and procedures, contributing to the improvement of the Group.
Required Qualifications / Competencies
- Bachelor and/or Master Degree in law
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in legal and/or other roles in the maritime or energy sector
- Knowledge of bunkering industry regulations and legal requirements
- Excellent computer skills of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Very strong attention to detail and analytical and critical thinking
- Ability to think outside the box and ambition to solve practical problems in the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the Greek and English languages
Location: Limassol, Cyprus
All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality. Applicants must be able to reside & work within EU.
An excellent package, including provident fund and medical insurance will be offered to the successful candidate according to qualifications and experience.
If you wish to apply for this position, kindly send your CV at email@example.com