Scope of duties
PO – TC is a member of the Banking Team. PO – TC ensures that all payments to international suppliers and all other beneficiaries are planned well in advance and executed timely and accurately. PO – TC ensures that payments, before being executed, are duly authorised by an incumbent with the required approval limit and that all payment instructions are followed without exception. PO – TC also ensures accurate posting of payments in the accounting system and reconciliation to bank statements. PO – TC cooperates closely with the FS and ensures that payments are prepared and executed in accordance with the payment plan prepared by FS and approved by the FM.
- Prepares USD cash flow for trade creditors which is then reviewed by the FS and FM.
- Prepares bank payment orders in accordance with the bank payment plan prepared by FS and approved by FM (or CFO in the absence of FM).
- Arranges the signing of payment orders and cheques by an authorised incumbent, including the electronic ‘signing’ of payments made using Bank’s online system. The PO ensures that this is done in time for execution by the bank within cut-off payment
- Ensures all scheduled and authorised payments are sent to the bank on time for same day
- Posts all bank payments to accounting system (daily).
- Ensures that international supplier invoices and brokerage commissions are in order before processing for payment.
- Liaises with international suppliers, brokers and other departments regarding payments and provides updates on payments schedule.
- Liaises with banks in relation to execution of payment orders and for any statement queries.
- Sends the SWIFT confirmation of payments to other Departments and suppliers as required.
- Requests payment confirmation letters from suppliers.
- Checks and posts bank charges.
- Checks daily accounting entries prepared by FS.
- Implements the Group’s Management System and makes suggestions for improvement.
- LCCI Higher and/or University degree in Accounting and/or Finance or other Business or Finance related subject.
- Previous relevant experience will be considered as an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks effectively within set deadlines
- Good bookkeeping knowledge and experience of computerized accounting systems
- Good experience in spreadsheet applications
- Banking experience is considered desirable
- Good command of the Greek and English languages
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Applicants must already be eligible to be employed within the EU.
Please send your C.V. to: firstname.lastname@example.org